Meet the stevia plant. The proud parent of our natural sweetener. People have been sweetening foods and beverages with stevia leaves for hundreds of years. Stevia is a plant (specifically, a member of the chrysanthemum family) native to portions of northeastern Paraguay. The taste comes from natural ingredients from the leaves called steviol glycosides.
Stevia is mainly used as a natural sweetener in foods that traditionally use sugar. This allows people to minimize the risks of developing diabetes-related problems caused by having high blood sugar levels.
Nutrition facts about Stevia:
A single serving of stevia is 100 to 300 times sweeter than sugar. It also contains unique glycosides, such as:
· Rebaudiosides A, C, D, E and F
. Dulcoside A
In a joint statement, the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) said that stevia and similar sweeteners can be beneficial for people with diabetes if they use them appropriately and do not compensate by eating extra calories at later meals.
Stevia may offer the following benefits for people with diabetes:
- possible antioxidant properties to fight disease
- blood sugar control, both when fasting and after meals
- improved satiety and reduced hunger
- less desire to eat extra calories later in the day
- protection against liver and kidney damage
- reduced triglyceride and cholesterol levels
ItsHealth is a Brand that Manufacturers Stevia in South India. The various product of Itshealth Include
Stevia Leaf TeaStevia-a boon for Weight Watchers!!
More details: www.itshealthpro.com