It was today 87 years ago, people’s president, favorite president, Missile man of India and what not….. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was born. Who knew this little guy from the southern tip of the country would achieve such great heights in his life, except for his teachers? He was born in to a lower middle-class family along with four siblings. He became one of the prominent scientists at DRDO. Dr. Kalam also had hobbies like writing, poetry, playing veena, being a philanthropist, showing concerns for the environment and an inspired billions of youth. And above all, he served the nation as President from 25th July 2002 to 24th July 2007. He has inspired a large amount of youth with his rhetorical quotes, here are some of the best of them all:
1. Thinking should become your national asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in life.
2. All birds find shelter during rain. But eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds.
3. To succeed in your mission, you must have single minded devotion to your goal.
4. All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talent.
5. Thinking is a progress, non-thinking is a stagnation of the individual, organization and the country. Thinking leads to action. Knowledge without action is useless and irrelevant. Knowledge with action converts adversity into prosperity.
6. Don’t read success stories, you will only get a message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.
7. The youth need to be enabled to become job generators from job seekers.
8. Smart habitation is an integrated area of villages and a city working in harmony and where the rural and urban divide has reduced to thin line.
9. There is not enough funding for basic sciences in India. We have to invest in a big way.
10. We must think and act like a nation of billion people and not like that of a million people. Dream, Dream, Dream!!
11. Creativity is the key to success in the future, and primary education is where teachers can bring creativity in children at that level.
12. If four things are followed- having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work and perseverance- then anything can be achieved.
13. Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.
14. Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
15. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
The man was a true inspiration to all of us. He lived his life according to the saying “Preach what you Practice” Let us all remember his words for life starting on his 87th birthday and try follow his path to develop our society, organization and country and become a successful person and citizen.